Tuesday 31 March 2015

Italy here I come!

Hi everyone!  Just returned from a month in sunny Florida.  Weather was great and I sure rested up for a busy April and May!
I am very booked for trunk shows and workshops in April.  Everywhere from Oakville to Perth, Ontario.
I entered a Fiber arts show in Verona, Italy. The show is called " Colori Divini".  It celebrates the colors and influence of the wine country of VERONA.  My wife, Debbie and I are going to the festival in May from the 14th-25th. I was notified recently that my piece was accepted!  How exciting it will be to actually see the piece hanging in the show!
From VERONA we are traveling to Greece, Turkey, Istanbul and Croatia.  Hope to do a lot of sketching and designing new pieces along the way.  Probably buy a few meters of fabrics too!  These I will certainly divide among my fellow Fabrigos.
Also taking a course with Sue Spargo in Amherst NY.  Hope to hone up on my hand stitching skills.
( want to make Jo proud of me, as she does beautiful hand stitching) .
While in Florida I visited two quilt shows.  At one show I bought a HUGE bag of assorted Upholstery fabrics. Everything from velvets, corduroys, and linens all for $2.00!  I am sure these will also be shared with my Fabrigos for a future challenge.
Next week I am teaching a two day class in Amherst, NY.  It is a threadpainting class using many techniques and a variety of  machine stitches with a free motion foot.  Always amazed at what the students accomplish.  I always seem to come away with more ideas from the students then I seem to teach them!
Looking forward to gardening season.  Funny how gardening and fiber arts go together!
Will post a picture of my Italian  piece from Italy in May!

1 comment:

  1. If anyone gets an opportunity to have Al as a teacher or for a trunk show be sure to go. Even though we meet once or twice a month we took the opportunity to take a workshop in Al's home with three other participants. It was a fun inspiring weekend. Rumour has it Al will have a retreat in September in Niagara Falls. More information will follow.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete